The famous floating staircase and the compact auditorium of The Magic Circle's headquarters
An Evening With the Magic Circle
Tuesday 29 March 2022
Bring your family and friends
MagnaMasters Chateaux of the Loire Wine Tour - 30 May - 2 June 2022
The tour organised by Nic Birtles for 27 MagnaMasters and Consorts was an acclaimed triumph by all privileged to attend. The twice postponed postponed trip from 2020 due to the C-19 virus, finally took place 30 May -2 June, staying at the magnificent Chateau de Beaulieu (pictured) near Tours. The tour included three nights accommodation and breakfast, chauffeured vehicle, tours and tastings at three wineries, two dinners with drinks, one lunch and one visit to an historic Chateau.
Graeme Groom embraced the assignment of official photographer with customary enthusiasm, producing a portfolio of photographs which can be viewed by clicking below. Stephen Bernhard augmented the portfolio and his pictures can also be viewed by clicking below. The biggest thank you rightly went to Nic Birtles, responsible for all the organisation both before and during the event.
• We would be very happy to arrange transfers to your accommodation from Tours airport or train station if required.
• Upon arrival in the region, check into double rooms at Château de Beaulieu, a charming Château-hotel located just outside the city of Tours. This boutique property has 16 rooms therefore we will privatise the accommodation for you.
• Spend a relaxing afternoon and evening at leisure.
• After breakfast, you will be met at the Château by a chauffeured coach and English-speaking specialist guide, who will accompany you throughout the day on a private basis.
• Your morning will be spent at one of the Loire Valley’s finest historical Châteaux, Château de Villandry. The Château is a twenty-minute drive from Château de Beaulieu. The Château is famed for its noble history and manicured Renaissance gardens. Like all other Châteaux in the Loire Valley, it is a World Heritage Site. Here, you will have an audio- guided tour of the house and the gardens, which will regale you with tales of the Château’s history, legends and secrets.
• Next, you will be taken to a 15 th Century wine-making Château, where your will be welcomed by the Count and Countess of the estate. Your visit will begin with a picnic lunch served in the Château’s stunning grounds. Following lunch, a visit to the Cabernet Franc and Chenin Blanc vineyards and a tour of the cellars will ensue, concluding with a tasting session in the Château’s historic tasting room.
• You will be taken back to the Château at the end of the day.
• In the evening, a gastronomic gala dinner with drinks will be served at one of the region’s best restaurants in Tours. Your five-course dinner will be accompanied by wine, water and coffee. A chauffeured coach will be arranged to transfer you to and from the restaurant.
• After a leisurely breakfast you will be met at the Château by a chauffeured coach and English-speaking specialist guide, who will accompany you throughout the day on a private basis.
• Your morning will be spent sampling a selection of the best white wines from Vouvray. Here, your guide will accompany you on a private tour of the Domaine and cellars, as well as accompanying you out into their beautiful vineyards giving you the opportunity to see the intricacies of the work that takes place here. The visit will conclude with tastings of a selection of the estate’s wines, including their Réserve Spéciale. A platter of local delicacies such as cheese and rillettes will be served with the wine.
• You will then visit the magnificent Château de Valmer, a listed Historical Monument and designated Jardin Remarquable by the Ministry of Culture. You will spend the afternoon exploring the enchanting setting dedicated to the delights of gardens and wines, and your visit will conclude with a tasting of the estate’s wines.
• At the end of the day, your driver will take you back to your hotel.
• In the evening, a three-course dinner with drinks will be served in the Château’s gastronomic restaurant.
• After a leisurely breakfast, check out of the Château.
• Please let us know if you would like us to assist with transfers back to Tours airport or train station.
Château de Beaulieu
ROOMS: CLIMATE CONTROL • TV • HAIRDRYER AND TOILETRIES • PHONE • WIFI • MINI-BAR • ELEGANT FURNISHINGS • SAFE
Hotel: Gastronomic Restaurant • French Garden • Terrace • Spa • Reception and Seminar Rooms • Tennis Court
Parking: Private parking is available on site
A true haven of rest, the Chateau de Beaulieu has been welcoming guests in a stunning setting since 1976. This elegant family residence offers a wide range of high-standard services including a spa and a delicious gastronomic restaurant. The charming rooms are decorated according to the Chateau’s style and have all the modern comfort to ensure guests an unforgettable stay.
Based in the heart of the Loire Valley, the Hotel is located in a tranquil area, only 10 minutes away from Tours by car. Tours is a beautiful town with a delightful quaint medieval. Chateau de Beaulieu is also surrounded by the enchanting Loire Valley Chateaux such as Villandry, Amboise or Chenonceau amongst others. Chinon is 26 miles away and Saumur 46 miles away.
Chateau de Beaulieu offers a good range of high-quality services to ensure its guests a comfortable stay. A charming 3-hectare French garden, and a lovely terrace, are absolutely ideal to escape in a peaceful atmosphere. A spa, with massage and treatment rooms, is also available on site, perfect to relax in a tranquil oasis after an enlightening day of visits. A gastronomic restaurant will give guests the opportunity to enjoy a unique culinary experience. For sporty people, a tennis court is at guests’ disposal.
Room grades include Chateau Rooms, Pavilion Rooms and Exclusive Rooms. Each room is decorated in a traditional elegant style and is well-equipped. They all have mini-bars, flat screen TVs, Wi-Fi, hairdryers and toiletries. The Pavilion Rooms have splendid views of the park, the courtyard or the Pavilion garden.
The Exclusive Rooms include courtesy trays and Nespresso coffee machines, as well as dressing gowns and slippers.